Wednesday, May 7, 2014

So, maybe I lied... or I'm just lazy... or both. And a dead cat.

First, I must admit, Star Wars day did not go off like planned... It didn't go at all. I will spare you the details and just admit, I was too damn lazy to go to the store for the stuff to go all "pintrest" on it. It just wasn't that important. Maybe, next year, I will actually plan ahead and get stuff when I go to the grocery store rather then do the "Oh, hey, it's Star Wars Day tomorrow. Let's go to the store and go ape shit over a movie". Cause, let's face it y'all, it never happens.

Now, I'm sure you are wondering about the dead cat. Prepare yourselves, cause this is not a metaphor for how my week is going (although, it could be. Keep reading, this was just MONDAY). It really was a dead cat. So, we have this cute little puppy, Maggie. Maggie is about 4 1/2 months old. She is a mutt. Mix of Bichon and who the hell knows what.  We rescued her in February from a rescue at exactly 2 months old. When we got her, she was only 5 pounds. Little Bit was actually her name at the rescue, as she was the runt of her litter. She's now 12 pounds, and yeah, Little Bit does not fit her any more. More like Porky. But, I digress from the story. Maggie is not very bright. Don't get me wrong, she's as cute as a button, I love her to death, but she's as dumb as a rock. We can let her outside for hours at a time, and she will wait till she comes inside to do her business. Seriously. She also chews on EVERYTHING. I tried blocking doors, but she's a little escape artist. She can get out of her cage, and get into our room. She can get out of a harness too, when on her leash. So, I started to put her in the backyard when we are not home. It's got lots of shade and I leave plenty of food and water for her. It's only about 6 hours. Well, I came home Friday, and man, she stunk. I figured she had rolled around in poop. So, gave her a spit bath of sorts, I have these "puppy wipes" I use. She smelled much better. Well, I got home Monday and dear lord, she stunk to high heaven. I ended up leaving her outside till Jeff got home so we could shower her. Yes, I said shower. Don't ask. Well, he had just got home, and I looked outside and she was dragging something along the yard. At first, I though it was a tree stump...  Then, I realized, she was gnawing at it. And, the part I thought was a limb, was in fact a limb.. of a cat. Insert moment of gagging here. OMG, no wonder she stunk so freakin' bad!!!!  So, we got rid of the animal (dumped over the fence into the woods), got her cleaned up, and took her to the vet the next day. I think I'm still having nightmares about this. Excuse me while I go puke again........ The joys of living in the country folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment