Thursday, October 23, 2014

This week sucks.

So far, this week from hell has included: the 2 year anniversary since my niece passed away, 3 phone calls from the school concerning Bryce, us trying to figure out how to pay bills and keep food on the table, that our State legislators are asshat morons that can't understand it's hard enough to pay bills and put food on the table with the crappy ass salaries they pay the State employees without them taking another $1000 a month from us just to pay for better insurance then the crap they make us only pay $130 for therefore making it impossible to get said better insurance, and, my new CPAP not helping me at all. Needless to say, I'm ready for it to be over. Of course, I can look at the bright side, at least none of the calls from the school have resulted in suspension or expulsion from said school.  I know that sounds like a really crappy upside, but considering my son threw a shoe at a window and ran off school property, trust me, it is a huge bright side. This week has really made me think "is it a full moon???????", but strangely, the answer to that is a resounding no. In fact, it is a new moon. So, that has me thinking (a dangerous past time, I know)... All a new moon is, is a full moon during the day, right?  That's why we can't see it, it rises and sets with the sun.  So, technically, it is still a full moon, just an opposite full moon. So, with that in mind, maybe that's why my son has gone Bat Crap Crazy all of a sudden.

Since I haven't posted in awhile, I'm sure you are thinking, "isn't he always going BCC???", but the answer to that is now. In fact, we had an awesome 9 weeks.  He mainly got great behavior scores and he even managed to get all A's and B's for the 9 weeks!  No, Bryce had a great 9 weeks.  It was Dylan that went BCC on me last 9 weeks.  Okay, not so much Dylan as Dylan's new first grade teacher.  Wow, this woman had no clue who she was dealing with.  She learned fairly quickly though that I was seriously not about to back down and she better lay off my kid or things were gonna get "going to the School Board" ugly real quick.  Now that has all settled down, Bryce has gone ape shit over who knows the hell what, and I'm at the end of my rope.  Can't I just have one 9 week period where no one is going Bat Crap Crazy????  PLEASE????

Now, one last thing for this post, I can't just let this slide. 2 years ago on the 21st, my niece got her angel wings.  This was an unexpected passing and quite a shock to the whole family.  In case you don't know, my niece was 17 years old, had gone out with some friends to the bowling alley.  Somehow, an extra person joined the group, and on the way home, instead of getting another ride, my niece decided that, for the short journey home, it would be safe to ride on a lap, unrestrained, in the car with 5 other passengers (all of whom were wearing restraints). The driver then swerved to miss a deer and our lives were forever changed. The car she was riding in, flipped, and lets just say, from there, the situation was deadly for her.  The other 5 passengers walked away. The reason I go into such great detail is, my hope is, that whoever is reading this, will stop and think a little harder about vehicle safety. That her death, while tragic, and unthinkable as it is for us to endure, will serve as a reminder, that there is no such thing as a "short drive" or that it will be "okay, just this once" to go without a seatbelt.  I wish I could go back in time, to all the talks we use to have, and, quite frankly, slap the snot out of her and tell her "don't you dare EVER not wear that seat belt", but, I can't. My beautiful niece is gone from this world, and nothing I say, nothing I do, will ever make our family's world right again. Hopefully, though, what I can do, is prevent another family from having to endure this pain. Cause I watch her mother, and my heart breaks for her.  I can not, nor do I want to, imagine what she feels.  So please, for me, always buckle up.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment